Item 19 of this Tuesday’s agenda is the request for approval and authorization to sign an Employment Agreement with Jayme Botke for the position of Executive Director, Health Services Agency.
In light of the current issues relating to mandates and restrictions being set forth by the state and federal government, I strongly urge you to delay filling this position on a permanent basis until we, your constituents, can be assured that her values and beliefs on covid mandates and issues align with ours.
The majority of our county residents strongly oppose these mandates and we are actively fighting against them.
We strongly oppose ANY official who does not agree with the following:
- Covid mandates are ineffective and not supported by science. Numerous studies have shown masks to be ineffective and shutdowns do more harm than good.
- Covid mandates do not take into account very serious health and financial consequences of individuals, businesses and communities.
- Areas that have the most strict mandates also have the most severe covid cases. Case in point, Los Angeles has 25% of California’s population but has 35% of California’s Covid cases and over 40% of the deaths.
- Masks, testing and shot mandates deny persons their constitutional right to make an individual decision about his or her own medical treatment. Doctors in our county are already denying treatment to patients who have not gotten the shot and employers are already terminating employees who choose not to get it.
- Safe and effective outpatient treatment protocols are being used by doctors throughout the world. Our local doctors are not even aware these protocols exist. You can learn more here: https://tehamafreedom.org/covid/treatment/covid19-outpatient-treatment-protocols-senate-committee-hearing/
Our public health Director should be open to supporting our county in our efforts to bridge the education and communication gap on all of the above issues.
My understanding is that Jayme Botke agrees with and supports all mandates.
While we wish her no ill will, we do believe it is critical that our Health Director supports the efforts of our community and not place additional burdens on local businesses, employees, families, and students.
I urge you to reconsider this decision and seek an alternative solution.
Please – do not enter into contract with Jayme Botke. Delay the decision pending further discussions on her stand on the above mentioned issues and consider other options.
Our county cannot bear another official who sides against us.