Tehama Tomorrow is circulating a petition to add a measure to the November ballot.
The measure would include:
- Limit BOS to 3 terms (12 years)
- Establish rules assigning work to BOS members & limit them from serving more than 2 terms on any commission, committee, etc.
- Require each Supervisor to hold quarterly town meetings in their districts
- Increase BOS compensation levels to median of nearby counties (currently salary is $12,540 per year)
- Require county to live stream meetings
I think these are all good things. Read the full document below and let me know if you see any red flags.