Below is a link to the local candidates who will be on the November ballot, including contact info.
Tehama Candidates on the Ballot
The only opinions I personally have are about the RB City council. I don’t live in the city limits so I don’t get a vote, but their decisions still impact those of us who call Red Bluff home.
Who I would vote for if I were in the city limits:
- Kris Dieters is a current councilwoman and is aligned with the majority of our local political beliefs. There is a talk about a recent decision made by Ms Dieters and 2 other councilmen in regards to Dog Island Park being a designated homeless encampment. Before you write them off, talk with them. The 3 that voted this way are and have been representing the people of Tehama County as we would want to be represented. Get the full picture before voting out the good ones!
- Pat Hurton is a long time resident of Red Bluff, retired law enforcement officer, and pastor. He is also the current chairman of Christian Peace Officers of Tehama County. He has been attending the council meetings for quite some time and has been disappointed with some of the decisions made in the past. He sees the need for good, local representation and wants to make a difference.
Who I would not vote for:
- Danielle Eyesrone is a current councilwoman and former mayor pro tem. She was removed as mayor pro tem last year when she became visibly and verbally angry toward the other councilmen about an incident that she believed was a violation of the Brown Act (which is designed to ensure public transparency). She ended up walking out of the closed session meeting. The DA ultimately determined no violation had been committed. However 3 of the other councilmen (Parker, Dieters & Gonzales) determined her behavior was not appropriate for someone leading the council; they voted to strip her of her title as mayor pro tem. KRCR Article
- Johanna Jones is also a current councilwoman. She is often aligned with Ms Eyestone.
- Cody Strock ran for council 2 years ago. He is young, which is not in and of itself a bad thing! But his grand ideas, which sound good on the surface, are not realistic. When problems were pointed out to him, he became defensive and argumentative. He is also the author of Measure E – which would turn Tehama into pot central.
- Colton “Magi” Douglas Epperson is clearly connected to Strock. Check him out on FB.
Get to know these people! Email them, call them – find out if they are aligned with your values!
Personally, I’m tired of elected officials who don’t listen to or care about our values and opinions. We need people who want to take a stand for the people of our community.
When the mask and vaccine mandates were an issue last year, I sent a great deal of information to all of our county officials. Some responded with support – some, like Ms Eyestone, responded with criticism (her emails were quite dismissive because she didn’t agree with my political stand).
We have the opportunity to create change for the better – let’s do that!