If you have time to watch poll boxes today, document any strange activity
IMPORTANT NOTE: Electioneering (wearing campaign paraphernalia, handing out campaign literature, talking about politics, advising voters in any way) is NOT legal within 100 feet of a drop box.
- Dress neutrally and just watch. You may be near the box as long as there is no appearance of interference with voters submitting their ballots.
- Check with the elections office in your county to find out the schedule for emptying the boxes you have “adopted”. Try to be there at least once when boxes are being emptied.
- Go at different times of the day and night.
- Is the area safe and secure?
- Is the area accessible?
- Is there surveillance?
- Is the box staffed by credentialed elections office employees?
- If so, are the ballots inspected for voter error and required signatures?
- Is the box securely sealed?
- Is anything other than ballots being inserted into the box?
- How often and securely is the box emptied?
- Is the box often over-stuffed?
- Are the ballots carefully and respectfully treated?
- Is there a 2-person chain of custody at all times?
- Is the transporting container locked/sealed for security?
- ON ELECTION NIGHT: is the box locked at EXACTLY 8:00 p.m.to prohibit further ballot drop-offs?